IPX over VPN

Brad Kemp kemp at INDUSRIVER.COM
Tue May 16 10:16:04 EDT 2000

Most PPTP or L2TP tunnel clients should support the transport of native IPX
frames. Especially if the are Microsoft Conntectoid based.
On the server side, the sever must be able to forward IPX frames
correctly. The ability to assign an IPX network address is a plus.

Indus River Networks and Microsoft do this correctly as well as the
vendors listed below.

At 12:51 PM 5/15/00 -0700, Chris Carlson wrote:
>Depends how you define IPX...  :-)
>
>I know of a few.  You have two choices:
>
>1) VPN products that support IPX natively.
>   - Compatible (now Cisco) IntraPort
>   - Novell BorderManager
>

>2) Convert IPX to IP before hitting an IP-only VPN
>device.
>   - Novell 5.0 IPX-IP gateway (works really well,
>even for IPX *clients* through an IP VPN)
>

>Anyone else know of IPX VPNs or IPX-IP converters?
>
>Regards,
>Chris
>--
>
>--- Michael Louie <mlouie at SPEAKEASY.ORG> wrote:
>> Is IPX over a VPN possible?
>>

>> THanks,
>> MIke

Brad Kemp
--- -- --
Brad Kemp
Indus River Networks, Inc.                   BradKemp at indusriver.com
31 Nagog Park						 978-266-8122
Acton, MA 01720                              fax 978-266-8111