Red Hat & Solaris port security

Drexx Laggui drexx at PACIFIC.NET.SG
Tue May 9 22:01:19 EDT 2000

May 10, 2000 (GMT +8)

Hello Truman,

Well, you can edit the /etc/services and the /etc/inetd.conf files so
as to re-assign services. For example, setup chargen to listen in
on the in.fingerd port, so that unwarranted scans will get a nasty
surprise in return. Note that this little trick should be put on boxes
where data can be highly sensitive, where you define even a single
telnet attempt as an intrusion already.

But I digress, as I think we are getting off-topic here...

yours,