Red Hat & Solaris port security

Truman Boyes truman at RESEARCH.SUSPICIOUS.ORG
Mon May 8 19:46:23 EDT 2000

Hi Daniel,

	Traditionally I would take a look into /etc/inetd.conf and close
all services that I did not require. Then after kill -HUP <pid of inetd>,
I would take a look at 'netstat -an'. You may get more information than
you would like ... so a simple 'netstat -an |grep LISTEN' should
suffice. There are many services that are NOT started through inetd but
will bind to ports on their own. You should check your rc scripts for
these.

.truman.boyes.
www.suspicious.org