VPN input

David Gillett dgillett at NIKU.COM
Tue Jun 13 16:18:15 EDT 2000

John,
  I'd like to drill down a little on one particular point:

> My company's WAN is setup in a star configuration - all the branches vpn
> our corporate offices, ....

  Do you have cases where two remote locations need to exchange traffic?
I'm facing a particular issue with wanting to convey traffic A<->C by having
site B route packets between the A<->B tunnel and the B<->C tunnel, instead
of creating a low-volume A<->C tunnel.  I haven't found a way to make this
happen yet.

  I'm asking in response to your message because this is inherent in using a
star rather than a mesh configuration....

David Gillett
Enterprise Networking Services Manager, Niku Corp.
(650) 701-2702
"Transforming the Service Economy"

Carnes