WatchGuard SOHO VPN to Raptor 6.0/6.5

Patrick Ethier patrick at SECUREOPS.COM
Thu Jun 1 15:50:42 EDT 2000

Hi Dave,

 It can't be IPsec compliant if it is a little off-center. My guess would be
to call SOHO and ask them if they have any known issues with talking to
Raptor. I've only played with RaptorMobile Client but I have not had a
chance to test IPsec on a Raptor gateway.

I'd say use a TCPDUMP to see what is going on in the IKE exchange but alas,
if the IKE SA and the IPsec SAs were set up then it relies on the
implementation of IPsec at either end of the tunnel.

Regards,

Patrick Ethier
patrick at secureops.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sroelov [mailto:dave at ascomputer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 7:53 PM
To: Patrick Ethier
Subject: Re: WatchGuard SOHO VPN to Raptor 6.0/6.5

patrick,

believe me, i would change alot of configuration stuff on the SOHO if i
could.  the only problem is that you can't configure much of anything.  i do
know that it doesn't use AH.  i know this because i configured the raptor to
use it and then they wouldn't even start the tunnel.

considering that everyone says they are IPSEC/ISKAMP compatible, and the
SOHO
doesn't work with checkpoint 4.0 but does with 4.1, i suspect the SOHO is a
little off center on it's implementation.  checkpoint probably made an
"accomodation" strictly for market share.

thanks for getting back to me.

    dave