need explanations

Tina Bird tbird at PRECISION-GUESSWORK.COM
Wed Jul 12 18:19:14 EDT 2000

There are a links to a couple of good performance
tests from the "General" page on the VPN web site:

http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html

cheers -- tbird

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Sandy Harris wrote:

> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:36:38 -0400
> From: Sandy Harris <sandy at STORM.CA>
> To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
> Subject: Re: need explanations
>
> Darrin Mourer wrote:
> >
> > I'm researching the different types of encryption available for VPN's and
> > there doesn't seem to be any good single point of reference for this exact
> > type of information on bandwidth cost, comparisons, and cryptoanalysis
> > tests/results. Any suggestions?
>
> VPN Consortium at www.vpnc.org has a lot of good links.
>
> My link collections for IPSEC and for more general crypto and security:
>
> http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.5/doc/links.ipsec.html
> http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.5/doc/links.crypto.html
>
> The standard reference sites are COAST for computer security and
> Peter Gutmann for crypto. Everything worth finding should be within
> a couple of links of them. Links to them are in above pages.
>
> VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM

"Doubt is an uncomfortable situation, but certainty is an
absurd one." -- Voltaire