Uploading across the VPN

Cindy Slosar cindy_slosar at YAHOO.CA
Fri Jul 7 15:01:58 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have a VPN set up using Windows 2000 Server at
either end.  I made a connection at each office using
the "Make a new connection" wizard within Network and
Dial-up Connections and shared it so all my users can
use it.  I am able to view files across the VPN and
I'm also able to download files.  However, if I try to
copy a file from my office and upload it to a server
at the other office, I get an error saying "Cannot
copy filename:  The specified network name is no
longer available."

Why am I able to download but not upload?  I noticed
that within my VPN connection properties, it says that
the server type I am connecting to is a PPP server.
Is this my problem?  Shouldn't it be PPTP?  How can I
make the server a PPTP server?

I know there are many questions.  I thank you for your
time to read and answer them.

Thanks in advance,
Cindy