VPN Client Does not work behind the firewall

Eric Vyncke evyncke at CISCO.COM
Tue Jul 4 02:19:20 EDT 2000

Usually, firewall and/or NAT devices are breaking the IPSec tunnel.

Hence, the reason for Intraport client and concentrator to have
a specific NAT mode. Actually, it is encapsulation of all IPSec packets
into a TCP port 80 packet to allow NAT transparency.

I'm not really sure whether the pseudo TCP connection is complete
enough with all the flags to ensure a firewall traversal

Anyway, you should give it a try.

Hope this helps

-eric

At 15:52 03/07/2000 +0500, Girish M Aras wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We are using  IntraPort VPN client from compatible systems to connect to our
>remote site .
>It works well without the firewall , but not  behind the firewall (
>Checkpoint Firewall-1).
>NAT ( Network Address Table) is done in the firewall. We are able to
>authenticate to the remote server even behind the firewall but cannot browse
>the files ,
>Any solutions ?
>
>Regards
>Girish
>
>VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM

Eric Vyncke
Senior Consulting Engineer         Cisco Systems EMEA
Phone:  +32-2-778.4677             Fax:    +32-2-778.4300
E-mail: evyncke at cisco.com          Mobile: +32-75-312.458