MPLS &Co

Francoise Beckers Francoise.Beckers at GLOBALONE.NET
Tue Jan 25 10:27:23 EST 2000

Hi,

I've been working at Global One in Belgium for 3 months now and I'm
trying to learn about IVPN, but this isn't easy since I wasn't really
familiar with such technologies until now. This doesn't concern
installation or programming issues, but what I'm interested in, is:

   * how does TAG switching, MPLS and everything related to this, work?
   * Why would an enterprise choose to send his data over a VPN instead
     of e.g. FR? What are the pro's and con's of IVPN in comparison with
     other technologies?

All kinds of info would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Françoise