I think I'm screwed...

Jose Muniz Munix-1 at PACBELL.NET
Mon Jan 24 19:06:26 EST 2000

Hello Thomas,
Well, it seams that there is a 'Device' doing NAT in between the hosts
that need to talk IPSec with each other, Gauntlet VPN is IPSec based..
OK going back to the issue, there can't be NAT in between two devises
that
communicate via IPSec protocol, it just won't work.
IF this not the case "NOT NAT IN BETWEEN" then you just solve your
problems by creating a filter on the "Unknown Firewall" to allow
IKE [Internet Key Exchange] which uses UDP port 500 and I will imagine
that you want to use ESP in tunel mode so also you will need to open
protocol 50 on the same unknown devise, and make sure that you can route
traffic from right to left, and left to right  :]

Jose Muniz.