Shiva LanRover VPN - tunnel access

Steve J Kuo steve_j_kuo at EMAIL.MOBIL.COM
Mon Jan 24 11:50:24 EST 2000

Darren,

Thanks for this very helpful information.  We are using a firewall behind the
VPN box to control user access using assigned tunnel IP addresses as you said.
(Like you, I am more for a separate box instead of using the VPN firewall
feature.)  However, this access control based on tunnel addresses does not mean
anything if we can not control who can connect to what tunnels.  We realized
that with just the Shiva VPN box it does not provide such tie.  It is good to
know Shiva Access Manager is able to fill that hole.  I am also very interested
to know if other RADIUS servers, such as NT, can do the same or not.

Steve Kuo

---------------------- Forwarded by Steve J Kuo/Dallas/Mobil-Notes on 01/24/2000

"Kruse, Darren" <darren.kruse at EDS.COM> on 01/23/2000 05:50:17 PM

Please respond to "Kruse, Darren" <darren.kruse at EDS.COM>