FW-1 interoperability (was: About compatibility)

Muniz, Jose Jose.Muniz at US.DATAFELLOWS.COM
Thu Jan 20 16:39:04 EST 2000

Well, I actually sow that at the Cisco 2000 VPN Interop last week in
San Diego.
Of course I do not work for either company neither look at the testing
results
of them either, however 90% or 98% of the IPSec solutions out there as it
today,
are able to interoperate with each other.
Must of the stuff that I saw was on either Beta and Alfa stage so you might
be totally right
about the current releases, let me see.... mmmm....mmmm....

OK
Here is the Checkpoint version;
I was Checkpoint FW-1 version 4.1 SP 1

I could not tell you about Cisco, apparently they were compiling new builds
on the fly so I could not tell.
Hope that this info helps.

Jose.

Jose Muniz.     -Jose.Muniz at F-Secure.com
Systems Engineer.
F-Secure, Inc.
Phone   408.350.2193
Cell    408.569.9306