Cisco Router and IP Protocols for IPsec

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at COSPO.OSIS.GOV
Wed Jan 19 15:48:14 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 04:54:56PM -0500, Chen, Ken C wrote:
> Thanks for everyone's reply to this subject!
>
> One last question, do I need TCP open for IPsec to function properly?  I
> know there is an implicit deny all at the end of the list, but just thought
> I'd throw in a line just to be safe... and for clarification.

ISTM that you've already been told that IPsec usesnetwork protocols 50
and 51, and port 500 on UDP, which is network protocol 17.  It doesn't
use TCP, network protocol 6, AFAIK.  In fact, the above was more than
I'd thought; but I hadn't followed IPsec as closely as I would have
liked.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B