Operating VPNs with Netware 5 and NDS

Saravana Ram Torx at TM.NET.MY
Fri Jan 14 06:29:14 EST 2000

I don't know whether NDS has a problem with NAT, but have you considered not
using NAT at all?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Andrew.Fletcher at TAYWOOD.CO.UK>
To: <VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2000 6:39 AM
Subject: Operating VPNs with Netware 5 and NDS

We currently have a point to point VPN's from London to Africa. The
config is:-
<London LAN><FireWall-1><Cisco 1720><Internet><Cisco 1720><Africa LAN>

The VPNs originate and terminate on the Cisco routers configured with
IPSEC. We employ NAT at both ends.The FW-1 provides NAT in London, the
1720 provides NAT on the African Router.

Our problem is this.
We will be rolling out a number of local and remote Netware 5 Servers
that require NDS replication. Apparently NDS does not work with NAT.

First of all am I correct in stating Netware 5 does not work with NAT.
Has anybody come across this before or have any ideas on solving this
problem.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Fletcher - Communications Analyst
IT Group
Taylor Woodrow Construction Limited
345 Ruislip Road, Southall, Middlesex, UK.

mailto:andrew.fletcher at taywood.co.uk