VPN behind a firewall with NAT

Ivan Fox ifox100 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 12 14:19:55 EST 2000

Some of our engineers are working at customer plants.  They need to access
NT and Lotus Notes servers back home here.

The manufacturing plants which they are working in are highly secured.  They
are *not* allowed to use dial-up networking.  They are working behind a
firewalled network.

We are using Checkpoint Firewall-1 with VPN-1.  Should I just ask their
network administrators to open ports 500 and 501 so that they can use
SecureRemote access the Lotus Notes servers and NT servers back home.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan