NAI's PGP VPN Client

Josef Pojsl josef.pojsl at SKYNET.CZ
Tue Jan 11 05:37:38 EST 2000

Patrick,

what type of network interface are you using?

I have seen a similar behaviour in PGPnet when trying to connect
to Gauntlet GVPN or another PGPnet box. I was using PGP 6.5.1
commercial version on Win 95 OSR2. In both cases, I got the BSoD
referring to PGPMAC.vxd as a cause of the trouble.

To my big surprise, that behaviour vanished when I changed my
network interface card! I started to track down the probem and found out that:
 - With an ethernet NIC on ISA (2 types, actually, NEC and 3com) => crash
 - With an ethernet NIC on PCI (3com) => OK
 - With dial-up connection => OK

I have reported that to NAI but no reply since.
I haven't had chance to try it on newer versions of PGP yet.

Regards,
Josef

<snip>

Josef Pojsl                           mailto:josef.pojsl at skynet.cz