Network Neighborhood omn VPN Client

Matt McConnell mmcconnell at COMPATIBLE.COM
Tue Jan 4 11:03:30 EST 2000

RE: Network Neighborhood omn VPN ClientThere are several NT VPN clients
(ours among them) capable of running prior to logon, allowing a tunnel to be
opened and a domain logon to be performed.

Matt

Matt McConnell
President & CEO
Compatible Systems Corporation
http://www.compatible.com/

Fred
  Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 8:21 AM
  To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
  Subject: Re: Network Neighborhood omn VPN Client

  Are you sure the clients are logged into the domain?  It may sound like a
dumb question, but check just in case.  I had setup a VPN which
authenticated users against NT, but it didn't log the users into the domain,
because of how the client machines were configured.  There is also a catch
with NT.  NT will log onto a domain at startup, but not after a dialup
connection is made.  I have heard that there is a way to get NT to perform
NT domain log on after a dialup connection is made, but I do not know how to
make NT perform in that manner.

  Are there any Microsoft people lurking on this list, that can answer that?

  -Fred Golder