pulling vpn statistics

Klement Dupvis cdupuis at UNI-GLOBAL.COM
Wed Feb 23 03:19:07 EST 2000

There is even a windows version of MRTG available if you do not have a UNIX
box.

Clement

Clement Dupuis CISSP,ACE  Tel: 514-840-9642 Fax: 514-840-1166
Courriel/Email: cdupuis at uni-global.com
Directeur des Operations/Operations Manager UniGlobal
http://www.uni-global.com  Solutions de securite/Security solutions

Boyes
Sent: 22 fevr. 2000 20:43
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: Re: pulling vpn statistics

Hi Rob,

	If you have access to a unix workstation you could setup MRTG. It
is a decent traffic graphing tool for polling SNMP objects. Your basic MIB
should be able to walk the correct objects out of the routers.
	I am unaware if there are specific VPN MIBs avail for Cisco
routers. A quick search on MRTG should give promising results. Good Luck!

.truman.boyes.

  /"  \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
   X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
  /
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Rob Ang wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a VPN setup between two cisco1601R's and was wondering if anyone
had a good resource to read for pulling statistics between the tunnels; i.e.
latency, packet count/loss, etc.  I'm not too familiar with RTTMON and was
wondering how to implement this for VPNs