NT RAS \ PPTP question.

Little, Mike (BHS) MLittle at BHSI.COM
Fri Feb 11 14:49:55 EST 2000

All,

I'm needing some clarification on proxied PPTP and NT RAS, and I'm hoping
you can help.

I have a site that has 10 users on there network that need to tunnel into
ours.  They have a WebRamp 410i and we have a Nortel CES 2000, and the
clients want to use MS PPTP.  The 410i supports PPTP pass-through (it
doesn't do branch-to-branch), and I can get the first tunnel established.
However, no one else can tunnel in until the first connection drops, and so
on, allowing a single tunnel at a time.

The 410i documentation refers to using the MS NT RAS for the destination
network, so it appears that MS NT can handle multiple proxied PPTP
connections.  Would someone please explain to me how this is accomplished?
I just don't understand how MS's NT Server can allow this when our CES 2000
doesn't, and I'd like to provide a more educated explanation on the matter
if possible.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Mike Little
Network Services