layer-2 crypto hardware

Peter D'Arco Peter.D'Arco at ANIXTER.COM
Thu Feb 10 14:05:33 EST 2000

I've gotten a lot of good responses to my post, thanks to everyone who helped out.  As of yet I have not found a layer-2 fast ethernet encryptor.  I did indentify Cylink's NetHawk product as the closest match,  it uses some arp magic to be transparent to IP and boasts throughput of around 100Mbs.  If anyone does know of a layer-2 fast ethernet encryptor I would still love to hear from you.  To summarize the responses I've gotten there are alot of companies that make layer-1/2 crypto  for Frame Relay, ATM, leased line, and low speed ethernet, to various degrees.  If you're ever in a similar position I'd check out.
Cylink, Celotek, or Racal, they all have some nice niche products (and obvious domain names if your looking for them)

	Thanks again,

		Peter D'Arco, MCSE+I CCNP CCDP