Using Cisco 1601R as a VPN box

Jacqui Vukovic jacquiv at IS.CO.ZA
Thu Feb 10 01:50:41 EST 2000

Hi

here's some info from Cisco's site.

Bear in mind that these are the minimum memory requirements and that Cisco

change their newer images (and consequently the requirements)

fairly regularly. I've not yet come across a router that comes standard with

enough memory to run the IPsec image.

1720 12.0.5T1 IP PLUS IPSEC 56

Minimum Memory Requirements to download image - 4 MB Flash and 20 MB RAM

c1700-sy56i-mz.120-5.T1.bin

3989520 08/24/1999 12:56:23

2501-2525 12.0.5 IP PLUS IPSEC 56

Minimum Memory Requirements to download image - 16 MB Flash and 4 MB RAM

c2500-is56i-l.120-5.bin

8267784 06/21/1999 02:34:07

3640 12.0.5 IP PLUS IPSEC 56

Minimum Memory Requirements to download image - 8 MB Flash and 32 MB RAM

c3640-is56i-mz.120-5.bin

5745848 06/21/1999 02:46:18

1601-1604 12.0.6 IP PLUS IPSEC 56

Minimum Memory Requirements to download image - 8 MB Flash and 6 MB RAM

c1600-sy56i-l.120-6.bin

6319772 08/16/1999 01:44:07