PPTP over a NAT router

mmandel at POSTPROPERTIES.COM mmandel at POSTPROPERTIES.COM
Mon Feb 7 13:43:02 EST 2000

You have to configure your router with a static NAT for the server. ie. outside IP address to the inside IP address. If you have
the firewall feature set on your router, you might also try looking into opening up specific ports that PPTP uses.

What kind of router? Cisco? what IOS?

I have this same setup, only I'm using a PIX firewall to do NAT. I had to open specific TCP and GRE ports for this to work.

GL,

mm

guy.raymakers at EUROPE.EDS.COM on 02/07/2000 03:04:23 AM

Please respond to guy.raymakers at EUROPE.EDS.COM