VPN from home

Simon Wong simon at PACHUKA.COM
Fri Dec 22 21:34:19 EST 2000

Thank You for putting up this site!  However, I am still running into a
problem.  Here is the situation.  I am trying to get my work laptop to
connect into my work server via DSL connection.  I have VPN at work.  They
currently use Altiga.
I have DSL at home.   I have a single IP address assigned to me by my ISP.
My computer has 2 NIC cards.   The DSL modem is connected to one card.  And
the other is connected to a hub.  I would like to be able to connect my work
laptop straight into the hub and have it run to my work server.  I am able
to get into the work server through the VPN software by dial up only, but
have no success in getting through via the hub at home/DSL.  I believe my
computer is preventing the VPN tunneling to work properly.  I have already
tried repeatedly with my IT guys from work to get it to work.  However, it
appears that they are not knowledgeable enough to help me.  Do I need to
setup another Network connection for my home computer???  Do I need to make
some adjustments on my laptop???  Please assist me in any way you can.

This is my schematic:

DSL modem --->  Home Computer --->  HUB --->  2nd computer

This is what I would like to do....

Be able to plug my laptop (VPN Software installed and working properly) into
the hub and connected to work.

Thank You,
Simon V. Wong
email:  simon at pachuka.com