PPTP through Pix

Rob Beneson rbeneson at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 29 03:26:01 EDT 2000

Hey all,
quick question.
I am trying to run PPTP clients through my pix firewall with 3DES
encryption.
I followed the vanilla config from the documentation online to get the PPTP
"server" up on my Pix.
What do I need to do to get users to authenticate through the firewall using
Windows 2000 clients?
Do I need to set up certs on the DC?
Do I need to use RRAS on the DC?
Do any ports need to be explicitly opened?

I guess part of the question is, ok, they authenticate to the
firewall...great, but then what?  How does my win2k domain authenticate the
user and let them use network resources?
This may be too vague, but any help is appreciated, and I will go as
detailed as necessary.
Thanks!

Rob