netscreen opinions..

Jose Muniz MuniX-1 at PACBELL.NET
Sat Aug 26 22:43:02 EDT 2000

THey are the fastest VPN and firewall in the marcket today.
I tested it against a FW-1 on a Sun 450 with a Cryptoaccelerator card
and
it blew it by far....
The Virtual IP or VIP are fine for a few protocols, however I find that
the MAPed IP supports all of the protocols that I have tested so far.
The VPN implementation is very nice and reliable.
So the difference is how much money you have to put in the trash.
The FW-1 and Sun and Crypto card with licences about $100 k
The NS-100 about 9 k and much faster, fast to setup, nice to administer
from remote via SSH, etc.. etc.. etc..
So you tell me..

Jose Muniz