Bridge VPN

Mohammad Rizal Othman rizal at MIMOS.MY
Sat Aug 26 00:17:32 EDT 2000

We have deployed two OpenBSD based IPSec VPN bridges.  They both work
perfectly.  However, now we need to implement a host to gateway VPN, in
which travelling employees can use a VPN client installed in their
notebooks to set VPN tunnels to one of the two bridges.  Has anyone done
this?  We tried this with NAI's PGPNet.  We could establish a tunnel to
the bridge, however anything behind the bridge is unreachable.  A tcpdump
shows that request to services on hosts behind the bridge are encapsulated
in esp, whereas replies are not.

If somebody has done a similar thing, please provide me with some details
on what you have done.

TIA.

Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things but in
doing "ordinary things extraordinarily well."
                      -- Antonio Stradivari