@Home bans VPNS

Charles Finney* cfinney at NETEXPRESS.NET
Fri Aug 25 14:27:24 EDT 2000

As I understand things, ESP is protocol 50 and ISAKMP is typically UDP=500.
under IPsec.  Encryption under IPsec for any purpose, VPN or otherwise would
must utilize protocol 50 and likely will use UDP=500.  To filter VPN traffic
would require the invalid premise that any IPsec encrypted traffic must be VPN
traffic.

The truth of the matter is my ISP sold me bandwidth.  How I use it is none of
their business.  I understand the desire to cripple the service provided for
financial gain, however the ISP marketed bandwidth and Internet connectivity and
sold bandwidth and Internet connectivity.  That's what I expect to use.