IPSec dead peer detection

Yoni Lebowitsch yoni at US.RADGUARD.COM
Fri Aug 25 14:23:15 EDT 2000

Radguard's IPSec VPN boxes detect each other's state automatically,
irrespective of the SAs lifetime. They do do by using keepalives.

Best
Yoni

Raymakers, Guy
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 2:55 AM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: IPSec dead peer detection

Hi,

Does someone know about solutions, IPSec implementations that will detect
weather the remote peer is down or unreachable. I know that e.g. Cisco is
supporting this, but that's only when the IPsec sessions is setup or
renewed. I'm more looking for a solution that will detect a 'dead' peer at
any time whithou having to set a very low SA lifetime .

Thanks for your answers,

Best regards,
Guy