@Home bans VPNS

Truman Boyes truman at RESEARCH.SUSPICIOUS.ORG
Fri Aug 25 03:29:17 EDT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 09:36:08AM -0700, Bob Hammond wrote:
> > In practice, how can they detect or prevent VPN users?  Doesn't it just look
> > like IP traffic?
> >
> > Bob
>
> While you could put VPN traffic on any port, in practice it is likely
> to be on port 50 or one of the other IPsec ports.  Don't you think?

I think you mean to say Protocol 50/51 and possibly udp 500 for
isakmpd. keep in mind, you could always move your secure channels to port
443 and employ filtering, so they cant test your ports. this would
probably look like secure http for the most part.

.t.