@Home bans VPNS

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at COSPO.OSIS.GOV
Fri Aug 25 12:52:53 EDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 09:00:51AM -0400, Dante Mercurio wrote:
> IPSec uses IP Protocol 50, not TCP port 50. It also uses a TCP or UDP port,
> but I don't have the listing handy. You can not change the IP protocol it is
> running over. A scanner looking for IP Protocol 50 can find the packets
> fairly easily, or block them altogether.
>
> --Dante

Sorry, responded too late at night, of course you are right, I have
corrected people on that myself.  ;-)  Certainly you could change it!
SMOP - Simple Matter Of Programming - provided you had both sides with
the same mods.  Unless you use closed-source software.  ;->

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B