SSL vs. IPsec

Rob Hildred rhildred at FREESPACE.NET
Fri Aug 18 20:55:22 EDT 2000

In my opinion, SSL and the Corba Security Service will eventually render
"crude" VPNs obsolete for trading partners and public applications.  VPNs
will continue to be great for legacy applications like telnet, ERP and any
two tier or RPC stuff that is around now (e.g. big corporations).  The
perceived gaping hole that VPNs leave at unsecured network ends are likely
to make their widespread acceptance tenuous.

Best Regards
Rob