CISCO VPN (IOS) and F-Secure VPN+ Client interoperability

Rodolphe DOCQUOIS rdocquois at NOMEA.FR
Thu Aug 17 02:56:09 EDT 2000

Hello,

I’m testing IPSec VPN with a CISCO router 2611 (as Gateway) and your VPN
Client (F-Secure VPN+ 4.2).

The architecture is describe just below :

 FTP Server <-----> CISCO 2611 IOS 11.3.9T <========>F-Secure VPN+
Client 4.2

 I would like to make an IPSec Tunnel (ESP + DES  + SHA with pre-shared
mode) between the Cisco and the VPN +.

 Issues :
 Phase 2 negotiation failed, cause no proposal chosen even if the same
 proposal have been setup.

 Questions :
 Can we use VPN+ Client with a CISCO router to make an IPSec tunnel ?
 If it is YES : Which parameters need to be modified (on VPN+ and
CISCO)?
 Can VPN+ make IPSec VPN with Hybrid mode ?

Thanks