ipsec interoperate Solaris Windows 2000

Garrard, David david.garrard at CENTRELINK.GOV.AU
Wed Aug 16 20:59:44 EDT 2000

Hi a quick question on something that has had me pulling my hair out. I have
been playing about with IPSEC implementations in Solaris 8 and Windows 2000. So
far I have achieved the following:

   Have gotten IPSEC with md5/3des to work between two Solaris boxes in Tunnel
   mode but not transport mode
   Have gotten IPSEc with md5/3des to work between two Windows 2000 boxes using
   a preshared key.

All attempt to get Solaris 8 IPSEc to work in transport mode have failed, all
attempts to get a secured tunnel between two Windows 2000 boxes have failed and
all attempts to get IPSEC to interoperate in any mode between Windows 2000 and
Solaris 8 have failed.

Has anyone on the list achieved this? All help greatly appreciated.

David L. Garrard