128 bit PPTP Encryption and NAT

chuang at PRICESAROUNDTHEWORLD.COM chuang at PRICESAROUNDTHEWORLD.COM
Tue Aug 1 14:17:47 EDT 2000

I got Win2K PPTP work with Netscreen-10 firewall with NAT a while ago, but
unfortunatelly, after I upgrade the firmware of Netscreen-10, it does not
work anymore.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Medwid [mailto:Michael.Medwid at ARIBA.COM]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 8:59 PM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: 128 bit PPTP Encryption and NAT

Should there be any incompatibility between 128 bit PPTP encryption
and users behind a NATted environment?  My Altiga (Cisco 3030) seems to kick
off the tunnels if they were originated from a NATted environment.  Cisco
TAC didn't have too much to say on the whole thing other than "uh yeah that
won't work."  Thanks for any insight.

-Michael