Do I need two network cards for VPN server behind firewall

David Gillett dgillett at NIKU.COM
Mon Apr 24 17:42:05 EDT 2000

  Both the subject (seen above) and the text (quoted below) specify the
location of the VPN server to be "behind the firewall".  Why do I keep
seeing answers which tell the Bing how many NICs he will need IF HE PUTS THE
VPN SERVER IN SOME OTHER RELATION TO THE FIREWALL?
  It can be useful and interesting to debate where the server should be, but
(as I read it) this post doesn't invite such debate, nor have the "answers"
offered any.

David Gillett
Enterprise Networking Services Manager, Niku Corp.
(650) 701-2702
"Transforming the Service Economy"