Shiva/Intel VPN MTUs

Cheryl Host chost at LANL.GOV
Tue Apr 25 12:03:23 EDT 2000

Does anyone know how MTU discovery is done on the Shiva LanRover VPN
gateways?  Or can point me to documentation on this?

We are having a problem with a site-to-site tunnel accessing web pages that
are behind a switch.  The switch is set to not fragment and is also
mis-configured to not properly pass ICMP packets.  The problem is that the
packets are too big and negotiation to lower the size is not taking place.

VPN clients coming in can access the Web pages.  It appears that the client
and the gateway negotiate smaller packet sizes, where as the site-to-site
users are not.

thanks.