NT 2000 VPN to Pix

Thomas J. Arseneault arsen at GNAC.COM
Fri Apr 21 21:08:32 EDT 2000

Is this possible?

Does the Pix L2TP support the NT 2000 L2TP in 5.1?

If so are there any gotchas?

I read the cisco Q/A and they seem to say that it'll work except for one
line that says "Full compatibility in 5.2", does this mean it won't work or
will work with in limits?

Their example page shows a PC Dialup client connecting to a LAC and the LAC
making an IPSec tunnel to an LNS but they don't mention the PC dialing up an
ISP starting up L2TP and VPN'ing from end to end, is this a configuration
that they support?

How does the L2TP authentication take place in this configuration?

Does the Cert take care of both the IPSec and PPP authentication or do I
need to implement an authentication server (Taccacs or Radius) (an IPSec
example page just has isakmp configured and no AAA servers)?

AAA just for shared secrets?

Any other question you can think of that I have forgotten to ask?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Arseneault
System Admin.
Gnac Inc.