Do I need two network cards for VPN server behind firewall

Bing Zhang bzhang at SOHAR.COM
Wed Apr 19 00:51:40 EDT 2000

 We currently use our dsl router as firewall. Now we want to put a VPN
server behind the firewall to enable employee work at home to dial up their
ISP and connect to all the machines on our company LAN via VPN. But I am not
sure the connection topology: will this VPN server be another router? i.e.
it has to have two network cards, one connect directly to dsl, the other one
connect to the hub which connects to rest of the machines? Or does this VPN
server only need one network card as a normal machine, the VPN software will
take care of the IP packets routing between the machines on our LAN and
machines at employee's home?

The VPN server I plan to use Linux S/WAN running on Red Hat 6.2.

Thanks

Bing