SonicWall & Windows NT PPTP....

Jenisse D'Orville JDorville at GOLDNETUSA.COM
Fri Apr 14 13:13:16 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

       I have a small problem and was hoping that you guys can help me
troubleshoot this thing.  I have a client that has a small SOHO SonicWALL
behind a DSL connection to the internet.  They're using Windows NT server
PPTP service for VPN connectivity.  The problem; we get authenticated via
the server using MS DUN 1.3 and above, but when we try to download files or
open them we get "resource not available" error messages.  We can browse in
Network Neighborhood and ping internal devices but when we try to open or
copy folders/files down to the laptops we can't (not available resource
error pops up).  Do you guys have any idea of what can be wrong.  RAS is
running on the same server and it works fine, we can access all resources
without a problem.

Sincerely,

Jenisse M. D'Orville
Network Engineer