Follow up to ATM and VPN's

Stephen Hope SHOPE at DATARANGE.CO.UK
Thu Apr 6 06:54:15 EDT 2000

The actual CCITT stuff for ATM services specify it as a public network, with
an open architecture for any to any use very much like X.25 or the phone
network - i dont think carriers use it like that yet, but as soon as SVCs
are supported there is the possibility of "your" ATM service being
accessible from outside.

Same goes for Frame, SMDS and so on.

Stephen

Stephen Hope C. Eng, Network Consultant, shope at datarange.co.uk,
Datarange Communications PLC, part of Energis, WWW:
http://www.datarange.co.uk
Carrington Business Park, Carrington, Manchester , UK. M31 4ZU
Tel: +44 (0)161 776 4190 Mob: +44 (0)7767 256 180 Fax: +44 (0)161 776
4189