Client-Side 645 error

Jon Carnes jonc at HAHT.COM
Sat Apr 1 08:43:46 EST 2000

Assuming you have set everything up correctly and you are executing it
correctly, then check on Microsoft's site for a patch specific to the
version of Win98 you have (there are currently 4 versions).

Checking out MS's knowledge base for the specific error:
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/psssearch.asp?SPR=w98&T=B&KT=ALL&T1=7
d&LQ=645&PQ=PastQuery&S=F&A=T&DU=C&FR=0&D=win98x%2Bor%2Bierelease%2Bor%2Bcus
tserv%2Bor%2Bcrossnet&LPR=%22windows+98%22&LNG=ENG&VR=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.m
icrosoft.com%2Fsupport&CAT=Support&VRL=ENG&SA=ALLKB&Go.x=31&Go.y=26

(and that's quite a line wrap...)
===

Remove and then reinstall Virtual Private Networking using the Add/Remove
Programs tool in Control Panel. To do so, follow these steps:

1 Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2 Double-click Add/Remove Programs.

3 Click the Windows Setup tab.

4 Click Communications, and then click Details.

5 Click the Virtual Private Networking check box to clear it, click OK, and
then click Apply.

Repeat steps 3-5, but click the Virtual Private Networking check box to
select it.

Click OK.