IPSEC & smartcard

Azim.Ferchichi at swisscom.com Azim.Ferchichi at swisscom.com
Wed Sep 15 04:28:51 EDT 1999

Hi all,

For one of my projects, I need to build-up a VPN. I'm wondering if there is
on the market some products that fit the following requirements:
- mobile users with non-fixed IP address.
- IPSEC compliant/compatible system
- No export restrictions for strong cryptography (I'm located in
Switzerland)
- Use of smartcard for the authentication (Certificate in the smartcard) and
maybe session key generation (of course the encryption has to be done on the
computer itself by the sofware client)
- Tunneling mode
- Possibility to have only Authentication (Option switch)
- In phase 1 (negotiation of IKE SA), authentication using PKI (no
pre-shared secret)
- Software client for Win95/98/NT

If you know few products that fit these requirements It would be helpful for
me...
Thanks

Azim
_____________________________
Azim Ferchichi
Swisscom AG
CIT- CT- TPM
Smart-Cards & IT Security
Ostermundigenstrasse 99
CH-3050 Bern
Phone:+41 31 342 09 22
Mobile:+41 79 301 55 56
Fax:+41 31 342 00 08
E-mail: azim.ferchichi at swisscom.com

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com