Two choices for VPN. (fwd)

Adam P. Zimmerer adamz at econet.com
Mon Nov 22 18:02:56 EST 1999

Tina,

Have you checked out the SonicWall (www.sonicwall.com).  It is another box that sets between the DSL splitter and your hub that functions as a router, internet content filter & VPN terminator.  It uses IPSec w/ up to 3DES encryption.  I've installed one but have not set-up the VPN part of it yet for my client.  The "Pro" model has a 233MHz RISC processor, retails for about $2995, and the VPN client software for the home users runs about $79 per User License.

Does anyone else have any comments about this device?

Sincerely,
Adam P. Zimmerer
www.EcoNet.Com
adamz at econet.com

Good Quote...
Transport of the mails, transport of the human voice, transport of flickering pictures-in this century as in others our highest accomplishments still have the single aim of bringing men together.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944), French aviator, writer. Wind, Sand, and Stars, ch. 3 (published in Terre des Hommes, 1939).