No subject

xvo xvo xvo at ozu.es
Tue Nov 9 14:57:46 EST 1999

Hi all!

I want to end tunnels in a Cisco router, and I would like to know which router to use given the following parameters:
- Number of simultaneous L2TP that must be supported.
- Number of GRE tunnels that must be supported.

Does anybody have any documentation or experience that would help for this purpose?

Another question, now about security. Asume a VPN built over a public IP network. This public IP network is a subset of the Internet, but totally owned by one company. I don't care if that company can see the information that I send over that VPN, but I don't want that other clientes of this company or people from the Internet can see that information.
Questions:
- Do I still need encryption? Why?
- If I use GRE tunneling and I drop packets that don't come through the tunnel (using filters in the routers), is that secure enough to keep out intruders?

Greetings,
Xvo

Enviado desde http://correo.ozu.es/

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com