Firewall @ remote location

Kevin Fannon kfannon at nextgeninter.net
Thu Nov 4 08:58:26 EST 1999

David,

    I agree that selecting a security based upon price is not  reasonable.
The Money issued should be from a savings point of view.  If the bank installs
a less then adequate solution they are wasting money.  If on the other hand
they institute an effective policy based security system with intrusion
detection they will realize significant savings.  This can be done either on
sight, but this is where cost savings comes in.  To hire, train and maintain a
security person is extremely costly.  Replacing that person when they quit to
go to a better paying job will be even more costly.  Utilizing a company that
provides managed security services can give you the security that the bank
needs at a cost significantly less then doing it all themselves.  A Check
Point based solution with their Real Secure intrusion detection product would
be a perfect solution at a reasonable price.

Kevin Fannon
Technical Consultant
Innovative Technology