Question (fwd)

Eric Henriksen eric_h at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 15:26:51 EDT 1999

To be clear, various terms including the words 'virtual', 'private', and
'data' have been misused over the years by a number of carriers to represent
collections of WAN services which are structured to be like dedicated data
or voice networks, but may not have been.  Sprint is included in this
muddying of the waters in the interest of selling large integrated service
contracts to corporate America.

Also, RedCreek has been using the term "Secure VPN" to distinguish between
the misuses of "VPN" and what constitutes IPSec VPNs.

Eric Henriksen
Field SE Manager,
RedCreek Communications, Inc
Tel   336 297-4544