Are there ways to monitor Internet Policy with VPN/ISP solutions?

Brent Jarvis jarvisbdj at netscape.net
Wed Jul 14 10:57:51 EDT 1999

Hi,

I am very fresh to this technology and have been doing some preliminary
investigation on implementing a VPN solution using a tunnel between an ISP and
out company. One concern I have is, if we lose the ability to monitor employee
activity on the WEB, then it will be difficult to enforce our policy. What
techniques are there to retain the ability to monitor WEB activity and what
are the costs. I prefer not to link back into our company before going to the
Internet. Also are there others on the list that have opted to not monitor WEB
activity and if so did this decision come back to bite you later.
    Thanks,
      Jarvey

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com