not completely related but -- export issues

dnewman at cmp.com dnewman at cmp.com
Mon Jul 12 18:40:40 EDT 1999

AFAIK, no issues.

Export laws cover exportation of cryptography, not Web pages.

If the local laws allow a browser in country A to use 128-bit crypto, and
country B allows you to set up to use a server with 128-bit crypto, you're not
violating any rules by setting up a tunnel between the two. In both countries,
the crypto software was either created locally or it was already
exported--you're not changing anything by serving up Web pages.

The only exception I can see is if you set up tunnels through which crypto
software gets downloaded.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, and maybe you should run this by one with some
knowledge of export law.

dn

rich <raf at ezunx.com> on 07/12/99 09:31:51 AM