SecureRemote/AOL - Proprietary TCP/IP Stacks?

Ronald Ng rng at netscreen.com
Mon Jul 12 14:14:01 EDT 1999

This should be true with any VPN Clients out there.  AOL Dial Up is a
proprietary design, and to my knowledge, is only privy to AOL only.  No
APIs are available from AOL.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

tweil at rpm.com wrote:

> Our VPN contractor has commented that CheckPoint 4.0 will not interoperate
>    with AOL's standard IP stack (for dial-in ISP clients).  Any truth to
> this story?
>    Followup question(s) -
>
>             1.  What compatability matrices exist for VPN clients using
> SecureRemote
>                   and ISP dial-up solutions?
>
>             2.   Any stories of CheckPoint and AOL in collaborative effort
> for VPN transport?
>
> |  Tim Weil                       %%
> |  InterNetwork Consultant        %%  E-mail=tweil at rpm.com         |
> |  Network Engineering Dept.      %%  http://www.rpm.com            |
> |  RPM Consulting, Inc            %%  Tel 443 259-2200 (corp)            |
> |  8830 Stanford Blvd #206        %%  Tel 202-260-6705 (on-site)   |
> |  Columbia, Maryland 21045       %%  fax 202-708-5865                 |

Ronald Ng
Systems Engineer, NetScreen Technologies
http://www.netscreen.com
rng at netscreen.com

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com