MS PPTP

Laurent Hebert lhebert at netesys.com
Thu Dec 2 09:56:58 EST 1999

We did not test the IRE client from Cisco but I would be surprise that it
could execute the NT login script mainly if the PC O/S is NT.  So far, we
have not found any VPN client that can execute the NT login script if the
PC client have an the NT O/S.  However, with a client running W95, the
Altiga product, Shiva and the ADI (Assured-Digital) product work fine with
NT.  Usually, it is easier to use the VPN client that comes with the VPN
Gateway since the interoperability between products is not there yet.

Laurent

----------
> De : Steve Cundall <SCundall at ariba.com>
> A : vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com
> Objet : RE: MS PPTP
> Date : 30 novembre, 1999 11:47
>
> One hitch when using NT domain database and Radius with the current
version
> of Cisco secure, is that is doesn't support CHAP, just PAP and MS-CHAP.
CHAP
> works fine if the users are in the CS database, just not if they are in
NT.

owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com

owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com